About Nugget's Bone Broth
Mr. Nugget, Dayna’s beloved golden/lab mix inspires everything we do here at Nugget’s Healthy Eats. Like all of you, Dayna’s precious boy has meant the world to her.
At the age of 11, Nugget beat liver cancer. At 12, he began to show signs he’d benefit from a kidney-friendly diet, the main components of which included quality protein, high potassium, Omega fatty acids, low phosphorus and low sodium.
Dayna had given Nugget a variety of fresh, healthy foods his whole life, but she had to adjust his diet for an aging body and mind. So she started making him bone broth and yogurt snacks rich in antioxidants and nutrients that provided a daily boost to his immune system. And she served them frozen so Nugget could sit for awhile and enjoy them. Dayna was able to extend Nugget’s life during his senior years by serving these snacks as part of his daily diet.
For dogs, licking is a calming response that releases “feel good” endorphins. This soothing, relaxing licking experience became very important to Nugget’s mental well-being every day in his later years.
During the last couple years of Nugget’s life, arthritis slowly deteriorated his spine until his passing in Feb. 2016 at the age of 15. Nugget gave Dayna the blessing of a lifetime by handing her his legacy of helping pets snack healthier.
Along with her business partners, Dayna proudly carries forth this honor in Nugget’s name and feels him close in heart every day as she honors Nugget. Nugget is happy to share “his” recipes so that your dog or cat can also enjoy them and benefit from their natural goodness!
- Celebrate the love between pets & their people by providing nourishing snacking experiences pets savor and people delight in giving
- Help pets live happier, healthier lives by delivering the cleanest labeled, unprocessed snacks that support gut and immune health
- Re-invent the "healthy snacking" market with innovative, fresh, wholesome REAL FOOD snacks that are part of a year-round, healthy lifestyle
- Carry forth Nugget's legacy by supporting organizations that rescue and place homeless pets with loving families
We're Dog Foodies
After decades of preparing fresh, healthy meals & snacks for our own dogs and experiencing them thriving as a result, we've dismissed the notion of "people food" versus "dog food." Food is food and it’s either nutritious or not! And we believe what our pets eat should never be inferior – this is true for ingredients, as well as how the food is prepared.
JAMMIN’ JOWLERS™ BONE BROTH JERKY
Keeping Jowls Happy & Tummies Healthy!
We’re all about gut-healthy snacking. So we’ve combined proven immune builders with nutrient-dense whole foods for a power-packed, savory jerky treat.
Made with Nugget’s Bone Brew, made the old fashion way –
- Humanely raised animals sourced in the Midwest from small family (not factory) farms
- 100% grass-fed beef
- Pasture-raised poultry, certified organic chicken
- Small batch, handcrafted
- Enhanced with organ meat for extra nutrients and flavor - no fillers or veggies
- Frozen fresh from the kettle to ensure the freshest possible product
- Roasted bones simmered (with apple cider vinegar) for days
- Reverse osmosis water for low minerals and purity
- Turmeric & ginger added for antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and healing properties
Beef Broth Recipe -
100% Grass-Fed Beef Bone Broth, Dried Fresh Sweet Potatoes, Organic Chickpea Flour, Organic Coconut Chips, Peanut Oil, Beef Bone Broth Powder, Dried Fresh Beets, Dried Shiitake Mushrooms, Vegetable Glycerin, Coconut Aminos, Dried New England Whole Leaf Kelp
- Bone Broth - gut and immune superfood
- Shittake Mushrooms - provide plant-based amino acids and antioxidants to promote digestive and immune health.
- Coconut – omega oils maintain healthy skin & coat; fiber supports digestion
- Beets – nutrient-rich whole foods; anti-inflammatory
- Whole Leaf Kelp – Natural source of omegas, antioxidants, calcium, protein and fiber. Kept filters carbon from the sea, contributing to a healthy ecosystem
Beef Broth Jerky Recipe -
100% Grass-Fed Beef Bone Broth, Dried Fresh Sweet Potatoes, Organic Chickpea Flour, Organic Coconut Chips, Peanut Oil, Beef Bone Broth Powder, Dried Fresh Beets, Dried Shiitake Mushroms, Vegetable Glycerin, Coconut Aminos, Dried New England Whole Leaf Kelp, Gelatin
Crude Protein (min) 22%
Crude fat (min) 19%
Crude fiber (min) 3%
Moisture (max) 18%
Recommended Serving: 1-2 jerkies daily as a supplement to support well-being and longevity. Serve a whole jerky as a snack or break up into mini treats for training.
These are the best soft treats that our dog loves to have for a treat! They are awesome and highly recommend.