About Foggy Mountain
For more than 25 years, Foggy Mountain Dog Coats has produced cold and weather wear for dogs using only the highest quality materials and workmanship. Our dog coats are designed for exceptional fit, ease of movement, and maximum durability. We want to help keep your best friend warm, safe, and stylish.
Originally designed for horses, this functional coat will keep your dog warm in the worst winter weather. With a tough water- and wind-repellent 420 Denier nylon shell, warm Poly-Fil insulation and a soft, plush fleece lining, the Nylon Turnout Coat stays put as dogs play.
Its unique design includes contouring around the haunches, two straps that criss-cross under the belly, an additional clasp in the front, Velcro, and sturdy brass-plate hardware that secures the coat to the most playful of dogs. All straps are also conveniently adjustable.
For your dog’s safety, please DO NOT leave your dog unattended while wearing a Turnout Coat, as hardware can get caught on crates or fencing.
Comes in sizes:
8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 14, 26, 28, 30 (attached D-ring for leashes on sizes 10-16)
Hand or machine wash cold and drip dry
Determine the proper dog coat size for your dog by measuring the base of your dog’s neck to the base of your dog’s tail.
- Be sure your dog is standing squarely, with head up, while measuring.
- With your dog standing up, looking straight ahead, measure from the point where the neck joins the body to the point where the tail joins the body. This is the back length and coat size.
- Order in even sizes from 8″ to 28″ (11″ and 13″ being the only exceptions).
- If your dog’s tail goes up (like a Jack Russell Terrier or Doberman), and is on the slim side, round down.
- If your dog’s tail goes down, and is a bit heavier in the body, round up.
- If your dog is very narrow-bodied or short-legged (up to size 18″), consider the Dachshund Coat.
What's a Daschund Coat?
- Foggy Mountain Dachshund Snugglers are cut smaller in the neck and in the width/girth for short legged dogs. Its simple and functional design makes the snuggler quick and easy to put on and remove.
- Plush fleece outer layer with a soft fleece lining keeps your dog cozy and warm. Contouring on the rear haunches keep the cold out and the heat in.
- Designed with adjustable neck openings and belly flaps with hook and loop (like velcro). Smaller girths for the petite bodied dogs.
- This style also works well for Shih-Tzu and other short legged dogs.
Our order didn’t come and after a couple of weeks I made a call to one of the stores. The nice lady was able to track the order to another store and got the order processed. It still took another week for it to arrive. Had it not been for this one lady who, after finding the store that was supposed to send it, even called me back to let me know where the coat was.