The History of Grannick's Bitter Apple®
Back in 1960, a dog fancier visited Grannick’s Pharmacy in Connecticut and explained that her dog would become nervous before every show and start chewing and licking his coat. She asked if there was anything available to help stop him. No such product existed, but in the days when Irv Grannick learned his profession, pharmacists regularly prepared their own compounds and ointments.
He tried different bitter flavorings until he came up with a formula that worked. For some time thereafter he gave his customer and her friends what he called “Bitter Apple®” free of charge. Word spread among dog fanciers and breeders, and before long, friends were encouraging Irv to market “Grannick’s Bitter Apple®.”
His original “manufacturing plant” was in the kitchen of his home, and his wife, Mary, wasn’t thrilled. Many copycat products have come and gone because dogs soon acquired a taste for them. Only Grannick’s Bitter Apple® works and keeps working. Every day more veterinarians, groomers and dog lovers around the world discover the benefits of Grannick’s Bitter Apple®.Ingredients
Water, Isopropanol (20%), Bitter Principles and Extractives.
- Discourages fur biting, hair chewing and hot spots
- Can also be used to discourage chewing on shoes, clothing, pets beds, furniture and more
- Beware of copies as pets often acquire a taste for them
- Only Grannick's Bitter Apple keeps working
- Far and away the most recognized and best-selling product of its kind in the world