About Ziwi Peak
Our mission is to deliver a food that is carefully crafted to mirror the whole-prey meat-rich, diet that dogs & cats require for a long, happy, healthy life. Our small, dedicated team in New Zealand take huge pride in handcrafting ZIWI® products in small batches each day. Like you, we love our pets, and this is what drives us to put the very best of our country into our premium pet food and deliver it all around the world.
The Ziwi® Difference
100% of our meat, seafood and green mussels are sourced from the green, free-range farms and blue, pristine oceans of New Zealand.
All of our meat ingredients are sourced from humane, ethical and sustainably managed local farms in New Zealand. Our fish is caught in the southern oceans of New Zealand and strictly managed by the New Zealand government to ensure maximum sustainability.
Our air-dried food is a complete and balanced diet that includes over 96% fresh meat, organs, bone & seafood. This perfectly mirrors the whole-prey, meat-rich diet that dogs & cats require for a long, happy, healthy life. To complete the remaining 4% of our air-dried recipe, we hand select essential vitamins and minerals for a complete & balanced food.
Our recipes have a high level of slow release metabolized energy, meaning you feed less, and your dog or cat will feel fuller and content for longer.
A slow, gentle twin stage air-drying process crafts a food that is as nutrient dense and digestible as a completely raw diet. Air-drying is a method that has been used for centuries to naturally preserve meats. This twin stage process eliminates pathogenic bacteria, such as salmonella and listeria, while protecting the natural nutrition of our ingredients.
It is the things we don't include in ZIWI® Peak that are equally important. We use no rendered meats or meals in any of our products. There's no grains, corn, soy, wheat or rice. No GMOs, antibiotics or growth promotants.
Ready-serve Raw Alternative.
- Unlike conventional dry foods that are mass produced and cooked at high temperatures, our foods are handcrafted and gently air-dried in our kitchens. A modern take on centuries-old meat preserving techniques, our Z-TWINTECH™ air drying technology locks in the goodness of our raw ingredients, without artificial preservatives.
ZIWI Peak air-dried dog food is crafted to combine the best of raw and fresh diets with the safe convenience of dry foods. Ready-serve peak nutrition without compromise. Simply scoop and serve!
Peak Nutrition For All Life Stages.
- Raised simply, with access to fresh grass 365 days a year, New Zealand grass-fed and free-range beef has a reputation of being the best in the world. Just as our beef is raised, our recipe is simple too. Few ingredients but full of flavor, the perfect choice for dogs of all breeds and life stages.
Air-Dried Scoop & Serve
- Gently air-dried and handcrafted to lock in nature’s goodness.
Meat, Organs & NZ Green Mussels
- With 96% meat, organs and bone to match the dog’s biological needs for a diet rich in meat. Free-Range Grass Fed Farming Free-range beef, ethically-raised year round on New Zealand pastures.
No Antibiotics or Growth Promotants
- Raised without added hormones, antibiotics or growth promotants. No Grains Sugars or Glycerins Added No glycerins, grains or high glycemic ingredients such as potato or tapioca starch.
3% New Zealand Green Mussels
- Natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin for long-term joint health and mobility.
Beef, Beef Heart, Beef Kidney, Beef Tripe, Beef Liver, Beef Lung, New Zealand Green Mussel, Beef Bone, Lecithin, Inulin from Chicory, Dried Kelp, Minerals (Dipotassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Selenium Yeast), Salt, Parsley, Preservative (Citric Acid, Mixed Tocopherols), Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid).
Crude Protein min. 38%
Crude Fat min. 30%
Crude Fiber max. 2%
Moisture max. 14%
Ash max. 12%
Taurine (As Received, Typical Analysis) 0.096%
Chondroitin Sulfate min. 1300mg/kg
Calorie Content (calculated)
5500 kcal ME/kg | 312 kcal ME/level scoop
ZIWI® Peak Beef Recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages including growth of large size dogs (70 lbs. or more as an adult).