Trusted by Pet Lovers Everywhere.
Our Mission Is Clear and Strong. Champion Petfoods is an award-winning pet food maker with a reputation of trust spanning more than a quarter century.
We make Biologically Appropriate dog and cat foods from Fresh Regional Ingredients, and we make them from start to finish in our very own award-winning kitchens.
Our mission represents a new standard in dog and cat foods, designed to nourish them in two ways.
- First, according to their natural evolution for a diet rich in meat and protein;
- Second, using ingredients that are sustainably raised, fished, and harvested by people we know and trust, and delivered to our kitchens FRESH or RAW.
We think you’ll love ACANA. More importantly, we think your dogs and cats will too.
ACANA foods and treats are a celebration of our longstanding commitment to making Biologically Appropriate foods from Fresh Regional Ingredients. Rich in meat protein, ACANA foods feature 60-75% regionally sourced quality animal ingredients. Prepared exclusively in our award-winning Kentucky DogStar Kitchen, ACANA foods and treats offer a taste experience your dogs and cats will love!
All Life Stages
Feed your little wildcat a diet packed with quality animal ingredients. Crafted to provide everything your kitten needs for peak growth and development, ACANA First Feast is brimming with free-run chicken and whole herring in WholePrey ratios of meat, organs, cartilage, and bone, providing your kitten with everything they need, with a delicious flavor they’ll love, so they can grow up healthy, happy, and strong.
The Acana Difference
Healthy Skin & Coat Development
- Balanced Omega Fatty Acids Support Healthy Skin & A Shiny Coat
Healthy Muscle & Bone Growth
- High-Quality Protein Supports Muscle and Bone Growth & Development
Eye & Brain Development and Function
- Taurine, EPA & DHA are important for the growth and development of healthy cognitive and retinal function
- Small Prey Animal Ingredients and Freeze-Dried Liver Provide a Delicious Taste
70% Small Prey Animal Ingredients
- Providing a strong and natural source of essential protein, vitamins, and minerals.
1/3 Fresh or Raw Poultry & Fish
- For a nutrient-dense, delicious food your cat will love.
Deboned chicken, chicken meal, herring meal, oatmeal, whole peas, chicken fat, whole green lentils, turkey meal, whole chickpeas, whole herring, eggs, pollock oil, natural chicken flavor, lentil fiber, quail, chicken cartilage, chicken liver, chicken heart, whole cranberries, dried kelp, choline chloride, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), vitamin E supplement, taurine, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin A acetate, L-carnitine, DL-methionine, copper proteinate, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, vitamin B12 supplement, biotin, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid (preservative), rosemary extract, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
METABOLIZABLE ENERGY: 3850 kcal/kg (439 kcal per 8 fl. oz cup)
- 37% from protein, 23% from carbohydrates, and 40% from fat.
Crude protein (min.) 36 %
Crude fat (min.) 18 %
Crude fiber (max.) 4 %
Moisture (max.) 10 %
Dietary starch (max.) 18%
Sugars (max.) 1.2%
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) (min.) 0.2 %
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) (min.) 0.15 %
Calcium (min.) 1.7 %
Phosphorus (min.) 1.1 %
Magnesium (min.) 0.1%
Taurine (min.) 0.1%
Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.9 %
Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2.8 %
Total Microorganisms* (min) 100MM CFU/lb
(Lactobacillus acidophilus Bifidobacterium animalis Lactobacillus casei)
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.