What sets Annamaet apart?
Annamaet Petfoods, a truly family owned and operated company, has been providing optimum nutrition to dogs and cats for over 30 years. Our mission is to maximize the health and well-being of our beloved pets while preserving our environment and natural resources for future generations. Each formula is derived from four decades of research in nutrition and hands-on experience with canine athletes. Annamaet is manufactured in the United States and utilizes no ingredients from tainted sources. Our products are holistic and GMO free as Annamaet maintains strict standards of quality control. All meat and fish used in our formulas are passed fit for human consumption. All of our products are corn, wheat, and soy free. Annamaet uses an artisanal production, allowing for small batches and a slow cook.
There is an Annamaet formula for everyone.
- Our ‘original’ canine formulas are made with low ash chicken, salmon, or lamb and healthy whole grains. These products contain chelated minerals and optimum levels of Omega-3 fatty acids to help support the immune system.
- Annamaet’s line of grain free canine formulas have helped many dogs dealing with ear, skin and coat issues as well as chronic digestive problems.
- Our Annamaet Lean formula was designed to help with canine weight struggles.
- Annamaet also produces Canine Companion treats, a healthy grain-free treat, to accompany our grain free formulas.
- Annamaet also has a line of 3 supplements to address specific canine needs. All supplements are certified by the National Animal Supplement Council.
- In addition, Annamaet has three different feline formulas designed for all stages of your cat’s life. As with our canine formulas, we use chelated minerals to increase their utilization and support the immune system. Our feline formulas contain cranberries to support urinary tract health.
Annamaet cares about the environment. Annamaet is dedicated to a more sustainable future and the wellbeing of our environment. Our commitment to sustainability includes not only our new packaging, but what’s inside the bag as well. Annamaet now uses sustainable packaging, made with Bio-Flex™ materials that are specifically engineered to biodegrade in landfills. During this process, green, renewable and sustainable energy is created. Annamaet is also a part of the Pet Sustainability Coalition.
Annamaet’s sustainable philosophy shows through our partnership with the Marine Stewardship Council, the Gold Standard for marine sustainability, to guarantee the use of certified sustainable fish sources in our formulas that are traceable back to the boat they were caught on.
Annamaet utilizes other sustainable ingredients as well, including solver carp and line caught Alaskan cod. These beliefs have led us to utilize marine microalgae in our formulas as a sustainable form of Omega Three Fatty Acids to offset the amount of fish oil necessary for canine and feline health.
What’s behind the name?
Annamaet was named after Rob’s mother, Anna Mae, who had a real soft spot in her heart for animals. After months of formulating and testing, the first bag was actually sold on her birthday in 1986. Annamaet is pronounced like the verb “an-i-mate”. Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary defines ‘animate’ as to give spirit; to give life to; to give vigor and zest to.
Our cold water formula contains salmon and herring. Annamaet Aqualuk is a rich source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids and has helped many dogs with ear, skin and coat issues as well as chronic digestive upsets. “Aqualuk” was respectfully given its name after spending many hours developing the food in Alaska; it means “fish” in the Unupiat Eskimo language. Annamaet Aqualuk is formulated to meet all the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages, except for growth of large size dogs (70 lbs. or more as an adult).
- Grain Free
- Cold Water Fish
- Marine microalgae, a stable and sustainable natural ingredient that is an excellent source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Fortified with DHA, which supports brain development and healthy cognitive function
- Added prebiotics for microbiome gut health and GI support
- Contains chelated (proteinated) minerals which helps to support optimal mineral absorption
- L-Carnitine’s involvement in fat metabolism helps maintain lean muscle mass and supports healthy cognitive function
Salmon Meal, Field Peas, Herring Meal, Chickpeas, Potato, Tapioca, Canola Oil, Menhaden Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Dried Apples, Natural Flavor, Marine Microalgae, Lecithin, Dried Chicory Root, DL Methionine, Dried Blueberries, Dried Cranberries, Salt, L-Lysine, Taurine, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, L-Carnitine, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Betaine Anhydrous, Iron Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Yucca Schidigera Extract
Crude Protein, min. 30.0%
Crude Fat, min. 16.0%
Crude Fiber, max. 3.5%
Moisture, max. 10.0%
Ash, max. 7.5%
Omega 6 Fatty Acids* min. 3.0%
Omega 3 Fatty Acids* min. 1.8%
L-Carnitine* min 35mg/kg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Calorie Content (ME), as fed, 3951 kcal/kg = 1796 Kcal/lb = 426 kcal/cup