What sets Annamaet apart?
Annamaet Petfoods, a truly family owned and operated company, has been providing optimum nutrition to dogs and cats for over 30 years. Our mission is to maximize the health and well-being of our beloved pets while preserving our environment and natural resources for future generations. Each formula is derived from four decades of research in nutrition and hands-on experience with canine athletes. Annamaet is manufactured in the United States and utilizes no ingredients from tainted sources. Our products are holistic and GMO free as Annamaet maintains strict standards of quality control. All meat and fish used in our formulas are passed fit for human consumption. All of our products are corn, wheat, and soy free. Annamaet uses an artisanal production, allowing for small batches and a slow cook.
There is an Annamaet formula for everyone.
- Our ‘original’ canine formulas are made with low ash chicken, salmon, or lamb and healthy whole grains. These products contain chelated minerals and optimum levels of Omega-3 fatty acids to help support the immune system.
- Annamaet’s line of grain free canine formulas have helped many dogs dealing with ear, skin and coat issues as well as chronic digestive problems.
- Our Annamaet Lean formula was designed to help with canine weight struggles.
- Annamaet also produces Canine Companion treats, a healthy grain-free treat, to accompany our grain free formulas.
- Annamaet also has a line of 3 supplements to address specific canine needs. All supplements are certified by the National Animal Supplement Council.
- In addition, Annamaet has three different feline formulas designed for all stages of your cat’s life. As with our canine formulas, we use chelated minerals to increase their utilization and support the immune system. Our feline formulas contain cranberries to support urinary tract health.
Annamaet cares about the environment. Annamaet is dedicated to a more sustainable future and the wellbeing of our environment. Our commitment to sustainability includes not only our new packaging, but what’s inside the bag as well. Annamaet now uses sustainable packaging, made with Bio-Flex™ materials that are specifically engineered to biodegrade in landfills. During this process, green, renewable and sustainable energy is created. Annamaet is also a part of the Pet Sustainability Coalition.
Annamaet’s sustainable philosophy shows through our partnership with the Marine Stewardship Council, the Gold Standard for marine sustainability, to guarantee the use of certified sustainable fish sources in our formulas that are traceable back to the boat they were caught on.
Annamaet utilizes other sustainable ingredients as well, including solver carp and line caught Alaskan cod. These beliefs have led us to utilize marine microalgae in our formulas as a sustainable form of Omega Three Fatty Acids to offset the amount of fish oil necessary for canine and feline health.
What’s behind the name?
Annamaet was named after Rob’s mother, Anna Mae, who had a real soft spot in her heart for animals. After months of formulating and testing, the first bag was actually sold on her birthday in 1986. Annamaet is pronounced like the verb “an-i-mate”. Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary defines ‘animate’ as to give spirit; to give life to; to give vigor and zest to.
Annamaet Ohana, our newest grain free formula was designed specifically for puppies and is made with wild, line-caught Alaskan cod. Ohana is the Hawaiian word for family, which has been a key component of Annamaet Petfoods, a family owned and operated company for over 30 years. What better food to start off with when introducing a new family member?!
Annamaet Ohana provides optimal nutrition for puppies using high concentrations of EPA & DHA from fish oil and algae to promote brain maturation and development. Ohana is gluten free and uses coconut flour and banana powder with a mix of inulin and FOS (prebiotics) to promote good GI function. The use of coconut oil leads to enriched medium chain triglycerides in the diet which are utilized more readily than other fats and have been associated with mental acuity.
Annamaet Ohana is formulated to meet all the nutritional levels established by the AAAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages, including growth of large size dogs (70 lbs. or more as an adult). Annamaet Ohana is designed to be fed to your puppy for the first year of life and for Giant Breed Puppies should be fed for the first 18 months of life.
- Grain Free
- Formulated with wild, line-caught Alaskan cod
- Certified, sustainable fish source
- Fortified with DHA, a major Omega 3 Fatty Acid that supports brain development in puppies, as well as healthy skin & coat
- L-carnitine’s involvement in fat metabolism helps to maintain lean muscle mass and also supports healthy cognitive function
- Added prebiotics to promote microbiome gut health and provide GI support
- Includes coconut oil which promotes better absorption of fat into the bloodstream
- Contains marigold petal extract as a source of lutein, known to support the canine immune system
Cod, Whitefish Meal, Coconut Flour, Lentils, Whole Dry Eggs, Tapioca, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flax Seed Meal, Menhaden Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Coconut Oil, Natural Flavor, Banana Powder, Dried Chicory Root, Lecithin, DL Methionine, Marigold Extract (Tagetes erecta L.), Sea Salt, Taurine, L-Lysine, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, L-Carnitine, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Betaine Anhydrous, Iron Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Yucca Schidigera Extract
Crude Protein, min. 30.0%
Crude Fat, min. 16.0%
Crude Fiber, max. 3.5%
Moisture, max. 10.0%
Ash, max. 7.5%
Omega 6 Fatty Acids* min. 3.25%
Omega 3 Fatty Acids* min. 1.0%
L-Carnitine* min 35mg/kg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Calorie Content (ME), as fed, 4122 kcal/kg = 1873/lb = 437 kcal/cup