What sets Annamaet apart?
Annamaet Petfoods, a truly family owned and operated company, has been providing optimum nutrition to dogs and cats for over 30 years. Our mission is to maximize the health and well-being of our beloved pets while preserving our environment and natural resources for future generations. Each formula is derived from four decades of research in nutrition and hands-on experience with canine athletes. Annamaet is manufactured in the United States and utilizes no ingredients from tainted sources. Our products are holistic and GMO free as Annamaet maintains strict standards of quality control. All meat and fish used in our formulas are passed fit for human consumption. All of our products are corn, wheat, and soy free. Annamaet uses an artisanal production, allowing for small batches and a slow cook.
There is an Annamaet formula for everyone.
- Our ‘original’ canine formulas are made with low ash chicken, salmon, or lamb and healthy whole grains. These products contain chelated minerals and optimum levels of Omega-3 fatty acids to help support the immune system.
- Annamaet’s line of grain free canine formulas have helped many dogs dealing with ear, skin and coat issues as well as chronic digestive problems.
- Our Annamaet Lean formula was designed to help with canine weight struggles.
- Annamaet also produces Canine Companion treats, a healthy grain-free treat, to accompany our grain free formulas.
- Annamaet also has a line of 3 supplements to address specific canine needs. All supplements are certified by the National Animal Supplement Council.
- In addition, Annamaet has three different feline formulas designed for all stages of your cat’s life. As with our canine formulas, we use chelated minerals to increase their utilization and support the immune system. Our feline formulas contain cranberries to support urinary tract health.
Annamaet cares about the environment. Annamaet is dedicated to a more sustainable future and the wellbeing of our environment. Our commitment to sustainability includes not only our new packaging, but what’s inside the bag as well. Annamaet now uses sustainable packaging, made with Bio-Flex™ materials that are specifically engineered to biodegrade in landfills. During this process, green, renewable and sustainable energy is created. Annamaet is also a part of the Pet Sustainability Coalition.
Annamaet’s sustainable philosophy shows through our partnership with the Marine Stewardship Council, the Gold Standard for marine sustainability, to guarantee the use of certified sustainable fish sources in our formulas that are traceable back to the boat they were caught on.
Annamaet utilizes other sustainable ingredients as well, including solver carp and line caught Alaskan cod. These beliefs have led us to utilize marine microalgae in our formulas as a sustainable form of Omega Three Fatty Acids to offset the amount of fish oil necessary for canine and feline health.
What’s behind the name?
Annamaet was named after Rob’s mother, Anna Mae, who had a real soft spot in her heart for animals. After months of formulating and testing, the first bag was actually sold on her birthday in 1986. Annamaet is pronounced like the verb “an-i-mate”. Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary defines ‘animate’ as to give spirit; to give life to; to give vigor and zest to.
Annamaet has formulated a diet made specifcally to meet the needs of your senior dog. Annamaet Re-juvenate is made with wild caught, sustainable silver carp. These filter feeders are high in Omega 3 Fatty Acids, helping to promote healthy cognitive function in aging dogs. Silver carp are high in protein and low in fat, as seniors require more protein on a calorie basis than young adults. Annamaet Re-juvenate also contains coconut oil, which is rich in medium chain trigylcerides, well known for optimizing elderly brain function. Turmeric is also included in this senior formula, one of the most potent, natural anti-inflammatories. Annamaet Re-juvenate is formulated to meet all the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for Adult and Senior Maintenance.
- Grain Free
- Formulated with wild caught, sustainable silver carp that is high in Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- DHA is important for brain health and helps to deter inflammation throughout the body
- Higher protein to support lean body mass in senior dogs
- Includes coconut oil, rich in medium chain triglycerides (well known for optimizing elderly brain function)
- Contains turmeric, one of the most potent natural anti-inflammatories
- Added prebiotics for microbiome gut health and GI support
- L-carnitine’s involvement in fat metabolism helps to maintain lean muscle mass and also supports healthy cognitive function
- Contains chelated minerals to support optimum mineral absorption
- Annamaet Re-juvenate is a very digestible formula and you may find that your dog is satisfied with less of this kibble than other formulas
Silver Carp, Turkey Meal, Green Peas, Lentils, Pea Protein Isolate, Tapioca, Sweet Potatoes, Coconut Oil, Menhaden Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Dried Tomato, Dried Apples, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Natural Flavor, Turmeric, Marine Microalgae, Dried Chicory Root, Lecithin, DL Methionine, L-Lysine, Taurine, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, L-Carnitine, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Betaine Anhydrous, Iron Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Yucca Schidigera Extract
Crude Protein, min. 33%
Crude Fat, min. 12%
Crude Fiber, max. 4%
Moisture, max. 10.0%
DHA, min. 0.2%
Ash, max. 7.5%
Omega 6 Fatty Acids* min. 3.25%
Omega 3 Fatty Acids* min. 1.0%
L-Carnitine* min 35mg/kg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Calorie Content (ME), as fed, 3450 kcal/kg = 1568 kcal/lb = 366 kcal/cup