What sets Annamaet apart?
Annamaet Petfoods, a truly family owned and operated company, has been providing optimum nutrition to dogs and cats for over 30 years. Our mission is to maximize the health and well-being of our beloved pets while preserving our environment and natural resources for future generations. Each formula is derived from four decades of research in nutrition and hands-on experience with canine athletes. Annamaet is manufactured in the United States and utilizes no ingredients from tainted sources. Our products are holistic and GMO free as Annamaet maintains strict standards of quality control. All meat and fish used in our formulas are passed fit for human consumption. All of our products are corn, wheat, and soy free. Annamaet uses an artisanal production, allowing for small batches and a slow cook.
There is an Annamaet formula for everyone.
- Our ‘original’ canine formulas are made with low ash chicken, salmon, or lamb and healthy whole grains. These products contain chelated minerals and optimum levels of Omega-3 fatty acids to help support the immune system.
- Annamaet’s line of grain free canine formulas have helped many dogs dealing with ear, skin and coat issues as well as chronic digestive problems.
- Our Annamaet Lean formula was designed to help with canine weight struggles.
- Annamaet also produces Canine Companion treats, a healthy grain-free treat, to accompany our grain free formulas.
- Annamaet also has a line of 3 supplements to address specific canine needs. All supplements are certified by the National Animal Supplement Council.
- In addition, Annamaet has three different feline formulas designed for all stages of your cat’s life. As with our canine formulas, we use chelated minerals to increase their utilization and support the immune system. Our feline formulas contain cranberries to support urinary tract health.
Annamaet cares about the environment. Annamaet is dedicated to a more sustainable future and the wellbeing of our environment. Our commitment to sustainability includes not only our new packaging, but what’s inside the bag as well. Annamaet now uses sustainable packaging, made with Bio-Flex™ materials that are specifically engineered to biodegrade in landfills. During this process, green, renewable and sustainable energy is created. Annamaet is also a part of the Pet Sustainability Coalition.
Annamaet’s sustainable philosophy shows through our partnership with the Marine Stewardship Council, the Gold Standard for marine sustainability, to guarantee the use of certified sustainable fish sources in our formulas that are traceable back to the boat they were caught on.
Annamaet utilizes other sustainable ingredients as well, including solver carp and line caught Alaskan cod. These beliefs have led us to utilize marine microalgae in our formulas as a sustainable form of Omega Three Fatty Acids to offset the amount of fish oil necessary for canine and feline health.
What’s behind the name?
Annamaet was named after Rob’s mother, Anna Mae, who had a real soft spot in her heart for animals. After months of formulating and testing, the first bag was actually sold on her birthday in 1986. Annamaet is pronounced like the verb “an-i-mate”. Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary defines ‘animate’ as to give spirit; to give life to; to give vigor and zest to.
As part of Annamaet Petfoods’ ongoing dedication to green business practices and our support of a more sustainable future for the pet industry, Annamaet Sustain was formulated. At Annamaet Petfoods, we strive to preserve our natural resources while still providing healthy formulas for our pets. We are proud to announce this continuing effort, which includes the collaboration with Integrative Veterinary Innovations, LLC, the Pet Sustainability Coalition and partnering with the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) for Annamaet Sustain®.
Integrative Veterinary Innovations (IVI) is proud to team up with Annamaet Petfoods to bring a new concept to pet foods, not only to help the planet, but also to enrich the lives of our family members. By using not only sustainable sourcing, but also novel botanicals and ingredient sourcing, we can enhance the well being of our companions using cutting edge nutritional principles in a new line of diets.
Annamaet Sustain is a very palatable formula made with a Certified Sustainable Fish Source. This formula also uses turkey and a totally sustainable and stable form of DHA, microalgae. It is a Grain Free, fresh meat formula. Annamaet Sustain is formulated to meet all the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages, including growth of large size dogs (70 lbs. or more as an adult).
- Certified Sustainable Line Caught Alaskan Cod
- Fresh Meat Formula
- Grain Free
- Sustainable and Stable Omega 3 Fatty Acids (DHA & EPA) from marine microalgae
- DHA supports brain development and healthy cogntiive function
- Turkey and Sweet Potatoes
- All meat and fish passed fit for human consumption
- No GMOs
- Added pre and probiotics for microbiome gut health and GI support
- Includes turmeric, one of the most potent natural anti-inflammatories available
- Contains chelated minerals to support optimum mineral absorption
- Made with blueberries and cranberries, rich in antioxidants
- L-carnitine’s involvement in fat metabolism helps to maintain lean muscle mass and also supports healthy cognitive function
Cod, Turkey Meal, Lentils, Sweet Potato, Green Peas, Pea Protein Isolate, Tapioca, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavor, Dried Cranberries, Dried Blueberries, Dried Chicory Root, Turmeric, Marine Microalgae, Lecithin, DL Methionine, Taurine, L-Lysine, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, L-Carnitine, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Betaine Anhydrous, Iron Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Yucca Schidigera Extract
Crude Protein, min. 33%
Crude Fat, min. 13%
Crude Fiber, max. 3.5%
Moisture, max. 10.0%
DHA, min. 0.1%
Ash, max. 7.5%
Omega 6 Fatty Acids* min. 3.25%
Omega 3 Fatty Acids* min. 0.5%
L-Carnitine* min 35mg/kg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Calorie Content (ME), as fed, 3633 kcal/kg = 1648 kcal/lb =392 kcal/cup