What sets Annamaet apart?
Annamaet Petfoods, a truly family owned and operated company, has been providing optimum nutrition to dogs and cats for over 30 years. Our mission is to maximize the health and well-being of our beloved pets while preserving our environment and natural resources for future generations. Each formula is derived from four decades of research in nutrition and hands-on experience with canine athletes. Annamaet is manufactured in the United States and utilizes no ingredients from tainted sources. Our products are holistic and GMO free as Annamaet maintains strict standards of quality control. All meat and fish used in our formulas are passed fit for human consumption. All of our products are corn, wheat, and soy free. Annamaet uses an artisanal production, allowing for small batches and a slow cook.
There is an Annamaet formula for everyone.
- Our ‘original’ canine formulas are made with low ash chicken, salmon, or lamb and healthy whole grains. These products contain chelated minerals and optimum levels of Omega-3 fatty acids to help support the immune system.
- Annamaet’s line of grain free canine formulas have helped many dogs dealing with ear, skin and coat issues as well as chronic digestive problems.
- Our Annamaet Lean formula was designed to help with canine weight struggles.
- Annamaet also produces Canine Companion treats, a healthy grain-free treat, to accompany our grain free formulas.
- Annamaet also has a line of 3 supplements to address specific canine needs. All supplements are certified by the National Animal Supplement Council.
- In addition, Annamaet has three different feline formulas designed for all stages of your cat’s life. As with our canine formulas, we use chelated minerals to increase their utilization and support the immune system. Our feline formulas contain cranberries to support urinary tract health.
Annamaet cares about the environment. Annamaet is dedicated to a more sustainable future and the wellbeing of our environment. Our commitment to sustainability includes not only our new packaging, but what’s inside the bag as well. Annamaet now uses sustainable packaging, made with Bio-Flex™ materials that are specifically engineered to biodegrade in landfills. During this process, green, renewable and sustainable energy is created. Annamaet is also a part of the Pet Sustainability Coalition.
Annamaet’s sustainable philosophy shows through our partnership with the Marine Stewardship Council, the Gold Standard for marine sustainability, to guarantee the use of certified sustainable fish sources in our formulas that are traceable back to the boat they were caught on.
Annamaet utilizes other sustainable ingredients as well, including solver carp and line caught Alaskan cod. These beliefs have led us to utilize marine microalgae in our formulas as a sustainable form of Omega Three Fatty Acids to offset the amount of fish oil necessary for canine and feline health.
What’s behind the name?
Annamaet was named after Rob’s mother, Anna Mae, who had a real soft spot in her heart for animals. After months of formulating and testing, the first bag was actually sold on her birthday in 1986. Annamaet is pronounced like the verb “an-i-mate”. Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary defines ‘animate’ as to give spirit; to give life to; to give vigor and zest to.
- Corn, wheat, and soy free for dogs with known sensitivities
- Available in 12 and 4 lb. bags.
- Marine microalgae is a stable and sustainable natural ingredient that acts as an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids
- DHA is important for brain health and helps to deter inflammation throughout the body
- L-Carnitine is associated with better fat utilization and helps to maintain lean body mass
- The use of proteinated (chelated) minerals helps to support optimal mineral absorption
- Added prebiotics for microbiome gut health and GI support
Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Whole Dry Eggs, Herring Meal, Millet, Dried Beet Pulp, Brewers Dried Yeast, Menhaden Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Dried Apples, Flax Seed Meal, Natural Flavor, Lecithin, Dried Chicory Root, Marine Microalgae, Salt, DL Methionine, Dried Blueberries, Dried Cranberries, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, Taurine, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, L-Carnitine, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Betaine Anhydrous, Iron Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Yucca Schidigera Extract
Crude Protein, min. 32%
Crude Fat, min. 20%
Crude Fiber, max. 3.0%
Moisture, max. 10.0%
DHA, min. 0.3%
Ash, max. 7.5%
Omega 6 Fatty Acids* min. 3.5%
Omega 3 Fatty Acids* min. 1.0%
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Calorie Content (ME), as fed, 4228 kcal/kg = 1992 kcal/lb = 480 kcal/cup.