Do Some Good
We're committed to raising the bar on the way we feed our pets, using only ethically sourced ingredients that serve a real purpose.
Better meat from a better place
We source all our ingredients in a way that is consistent with our core value that all animals should be raised with kindness and respect. Not only does this result in happier and healthier farm animals, it leads to a higher quality of meat for us and our pets.
We are a proud partner of Certified Humane® and Global Animal Partnership.
We partner with independent, industry leading, farm animal welfare organizations whose sole focus to ensure the humane treatment of animals raised for food production. Each of our farms, processing and manufacturing facilities are audited on an ongoing basis to assure we are all complying to their strict standards. Partnering with these organizations allows us to maintain our commitment to ethical sourcing practices, while supporting farmers who are doing things the right way.
Trace every ingredient back to the source
Where your pet's food comes from shouldn't be a mystery. As a part of our commitment to ethical and transparent sourcing practices, we provide pet parents with the ability to instantly trace the origin of every ingredient in their bag of Open Farm pet food.
Our premium quality recipes start with the world’s best ingredients. From sourcing through to production, we are committed to delivering premium nutrition that meets the highest standard of quality and care.
We go to great lengths to source the world’s best ingredients. Our meats are sourced from high welfare family farms that are antibiotic and growth hormone free and our fruits & veggies are exclusively non-GMO.
Recipes Rich in Meats
Dogs and cats thrive on quality protein. That’s why every Open Farm recipe starts with meat as the first ingredient. Our meats are raised naturally without any antibiotics or growth hormones and have no artificial flavors, preservatives or fillers. And of course, we only source from third-party verified family farms that employ humane farming practices.
It’s important to know what’s going into your pet’s bowl. We provide meaningful amounts of beneficial ingredients like coconut oil, leafy greens, turmeric and other natural superfoods that help your pet thrive.
We offer a variety of recipes and formats that meet the individual needs of your pet. Whether it’s a food sensitivity or allergy, we provide solution-based diets for all life stages.
What makes Open Farm Dry Dog Food special?
- Not to brag (well, maybe just a little) but our dry food isn’t just made with good-for-your-pup ingredients, it’s also made with good intentions. Every recipe includes 100% humanely raised and ethically sourced animal protein that’s antibiotic and growth hormone free. Plus, they’re packed with functional superfoods like non-GMO pumpkin. Putting your pet’s health and wellbeing first is what we call special.
Do you have grain inclusive and grain free food?
- Yes! To grain or not grain, is your choice. Why? Because we think it’s important to offer options for different life stages, dietary requirements and sensitivities. Whether it’s grain inclusive or grain-free, know that you’re serving your pet premium ingredients from the highest quality sources.
Can you rotate between different proteins?
- Yes! Variety is the spice of life (even if the food isn’t spicy). Our recipes are made specifically to eliminate transitioning when switching between proteins in the same category. After all, we wouldn’t want to eat the same meal every day, so why should your pup? Plus, switching it up reduces your dog’s chances of developing food allergies and sensitivities.
Grain-Free Dry Food
The best ingredients for your BFF. Our recipes are high meat, low carb and offer variety with easy switching.
High protein and highly popular. Serve your long-standing friend Certified Humane® turkey and chicken, functional ingredients like locally sourced non-GMO pumpkin, and superfoods like coconut oil. It’s premium nutrition without antibiotics, growth hormones, corn, wheat or soy. And, the inclusion of glucosamine & chondroitin in our recipe helps promote healthy joints.
- Humanely Raised Turkey
- Humanely Raised Chicken
- Sweet Potato
- Ocean Whitefish Meal
- Field Peas
- Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
- Herring Meal
- Green Lentils
- Coconut Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols)
- Natural Flavour
- Salmon Oil
- Chicory Root
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Calcium Pantothenate
- Niacin Supplement
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Riboflavin Supplement
- Vitamin D3 Supplement
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Thiamine Mononitrate
- Folic Acid
- Choline Chloride
- Zinc Proteinate
- Calcium Carbonate
- Iron Proteinate
- Copper Proteinate
- Manganese Proteinate
- Selenium Yeast
- Calcium Iodate
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride
- Dandelion Greens
- Chondroitin Sulfate
- Rosemary Extract
- Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative)
- New Zealand Green Mussel
- Dicalcium Phosphate
Crude Protein (min) 31%
Crude Fat (min) 12.5%
Crude Fibre (max) 4.5%
Moisture (max) 10%
DHA (min) 0.1%
Calcium (min) 1.2%
Phosphorus (min) 1.0%
Vitamin A (min) 5000 IU/kg
Vitamin E (min) 50 IU/kg
Taurine (min) 0.1%
Omega-6* (min) 1.25%
Omega-3* (min) 0.4%
Glucosamine* (min) 1300 mg/kg
Chondroitin Sulfate* (min) 1550 mg/kg
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
Calorie Content: 3600 kcal me/kg, 436 kcal me/cup
Open Farm Senior recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages including growth of large-size dogs (70 lbs or more as an adult).